God's Assurance on My Birthday

It was on my birthday this year, and at the night before my Birthday, I was praying to God, for so many things.. but one thing that I said in my prayer is this:

"... Father, if I may have one more request on my birthday, Lord will you assured me again (and I know I always wanted to be assured by You), but this time O Lord.. show me that you cared for me, and that I am your children, and that Im living a life in your grace and not out of your grace.. Lord if you could assured me.. as you know what's inside my heart.. and I long to hear you. I trust that you will answer me in a way that I could understand, because you are a living God, God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. I asked all of these in Jesus Christ Amen."

and as I close the prayer, and on that day I was on the 2nd week of fasting period (total 3 weeks), from all tech / gadget / films / movies / facebook (whatever that relates with digital and tech except the word of God (Bible), or anything that relates to the word of God), and so everytime I have the desire to watch a film, or thingking to open up my facebook, or playing a game, whatever it is, it is a reminder for me that I have to read the Bible, or listen to a sermon or anything that relates to the Word of God, and so after I prayed, I open up my daily devotion by John Piper (solid joys), and I began to read.

And as I read, there was this sentence which I believe that God used this devotional written by John Piper to assured me once again.. it is His way to talk to me (in a way that I could understand better), that He is there listening to my prayer and answered my prayer.

This is the exact sentence, where John Piper was trying to explain about Paul's conversion on the road to Damascus - in particular for his sin before his conversion.

"Do we have any idea what the plan for those sins might have been? Yes. They were permitted for you and me — for all who fear that they might have sinned themselves out of grace. Here’s the way Paul relates his sins to you."

Upon reading the devotion, I was speechless and stunned by the exact word "out of grace" that was written in the devotion, the exact word I used when I pray to God, asking Him whether I am in His grace or out of His grace. I feel like God answered me saying that I am His chosen people because I believe in Christ, His death and resurrection - and all my sins in the past was permitted because God has a sweet design so that I may always stand in awe for His compassion towards me, His grace and mercy. Glory be to God the creator of Heaven and Earth who had sent His only Son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for me.

And so here is the full article that I want to share written by John Piper. Hope this would encourage you as well - Let's God's name be praised.

The Sweet Designs of God

But when he who had set me apart before I was born, and who called me by his grace. (Galatians 1:15)
Ponder the conversion of Paul, the sovereignty of Christ, and what Paul’s sins have to do with your salvation.
Paul said that God “set me apart before I was born,” and then on the Damascus road “called me by his grace” (Galatians 1:15). This means that between Paul’s birth and his call on the Damascus road he was an already-chosen but not-yet-called instrument of God (Acts 9:15; 22:14).
This means that Paul was beating and imprisoning and murdering Christians as a God-chosen, soon-to-be-made-Christian missionary.
As I was on my way and drew near to Damascus, about noon a great light from heaven suddenly shone around me. And I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to me, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?” (Acts 22:6–7)
There was no denying or escaping it. God had chosen him for this before he was born. And now he would take him. The word of Christ was sovereign. There was no negotiating.
Rise, and go into Damascus, and there you will be told all that is appointed for you to do. (Acts 22:10)
Damascus was not Paul’s final, free will yielding to Christ after decades of futile divine effort to save him. God had a time for choosing him (before he was born) and a time for calling him (on the Damascus road). Paul yielded when God called.
Therefore, the sins that God permitted between Paul’s birth and his calling were part of the plan, since God could have done Damascus sooner.
Do we have any idea what the plan for those sins might have been? Yes. They were permitted for you and me — for all who fear that they might have sinned themselves out of grace. Here’s the way Paul relates his sins to you.
Formerly I was a blasphemer, persecutor, and insolent opponent. But I received mercy . . . for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life. (1 Timothy 1:13, 16)
O how sweet are the designs of God in the sovereign salvation of hardened sinners!

http://solidjoys.desiringgod.org/en/devotionals/the-sweet-designs-of-god

Comments